Now a day, you have almost everything of your choice on your phone or tablet. You can even change your standard keyboard to a third-party keyboard on your Kindle Fire HDX. Let’s check out how you can do this.
There are many types of keyboards are available for Android and you can use any of them. Even there is no reason for sticking to the default keyboard either. Though the App store has many types of keyboards like Swift Key but the selection options available at Google Play Store is much more than this.
But fortunately, there is a simple, easy, and quick way of installing the third-party keyboard on your Kindle Fire HDX. You just need to follow some simple and easy steps and stylish and dashing keyboard will be on your tablet’s screen.
Here’s the steps by which you can change the keyboard of your Kindle Fire HDX tablet or you can also take Amazon Kindle Support:
- First of all, you need to install the ES File Explorer as this will ensure that you will be able to install. This Explorer is available for free download on Amazon App Store. This explorer will also help you in navigating through the files and in locating and installing the keyboard of your choice.
- The next step is to enable the option of Unknown sources. This will allow you to download those applications also that are not available o Amazon App store.
- Now you will need to do an instant search for the APK file of your favorite keyboard. You can also use the free services like APK downloader for downloading the APK file controllers from apps that are on Google Play Store.
- After downloading the APK, and getting ready for further steps, open the ES file explorer. Click on the icon which I at the left side and then choose the option of Download for accessing your downloaded files. After that click on the keyboard of your choice and install it. Then click on option of open.
- The applications of the keyboard make it easy in enabling and selecting the keyboard, so you will need to follow the instructions on the screen. For enabling the keyboard, you will need to select the option of Active keyboard language and under that select keyboard language settings.
- Now go back to keyboard app and proceed to step no 2 for selecting the keyboard.
- Your prompts might look different which completely depends up on your keyboard.
Reverting Back To Stock Keyboard
If you don’t like your new keyboard or having some issues with it then you can go back to the default keyboard. For this you will need to go to Settings > Language $ Keyboard > Keyboard language and uncheck the keyboard that has been selected currently and the original one will come back in place of the other. You can also take Kindle Fire Support Help in case of any difficulty.