This blog is about the issues that occur when Amazon Echo is not able to understand the requests. There is no need to do Amazon Echo Setup for this, but you should follow the steps that are given below : –
Amazon Echo is a device that operates on voice commands of the user. It is considered one of the most accurate and responsive, but is this the real case? Well, I doubt it because many people are facing issues while using Amazon Echo. When people try to control Insteon lights and other appliances with Amazon Echo, but they are facing problems. Amazon Echo isn’t performing in a way it should be. There could be a number of reasons as to why this issue may occur : –
- There are contradictory operations after giving voice commands.
- Amazon Echo hasn’t heard your request in the appropriate way.
- Amazon Echo heard the request correctly, but there is a problem with Insteon, which is barring appliances or lights from operating in the right manner.
More About Contradictory Commands
People using Amazon Echo need to keep one thing in mind while delivering commands that statements should not include contradictions. When they give multiple differing operations at the same time, then Amazon Echo will not respond in the appropriate manner. For example, if they say off and brighten at the same time, then that’s going to confuse Amazon Echo.
People need to check if the Insteon lights and appliances constitute words such as ‘dim’, ‘on’, ‘off’, ‘set’ or ‘bright’, then Amazon Echo is going to do everything wrong. The best thing to do is change the name of the devices that are managed using Insteon app and let Amazon Echo discover those devices. By doing this, the contradictions can be removed and the operations can be fulfilled in the best manner. There is no need to do Amazon Alexa Setup because the issue won’t be resolved by doing that.
Amazon Echo Misheard The Request
This is a common issue and it can be avoided if you check out the transcript of the requests that are sent by you to the Amazon Echo. If the device has not understood your request properly, then you can share a feedback at www Amazon com Echosetup regarding this issue. They might be able to help you out.
Here are the steps that you can perform to get rid of this issue : –
- You have to launch the Alexa app, followed by tapping the drawer button, which is present on the upper left corner.
- Now, you have to tap ‘settings’, followed by tapping on ‘history’.
- You will see a list of all the voice interactions that you have done, so you can select and tap on the line, which you think was misunderstood by the device.
- You have to tap ‘No’ when you are asked by the device that, ‘did Alexa do what you wanted’ if the transcription is not what you uttered. If the transcription was right, then the problem may be in your Insteon devices, so you need to visit Insteon support rather than Amazon Echo Help.
- Now, you have to tap ‘send more detailed feedback’ button in order to finish the feedback form. With this, you can rest assured that your problem will be addressed and resolved by professionals.
The issues we have discussed above are also present in Amazon Echo Dot and Amazon Echo Tap. So, you need to be aware of them while using Dot or Tap. The procedure to fix the issues are same as mentioned-above, so you can easily get rid of the issues.
There is no need to setup your Amazon Echo, but if you have already done the factory settings, then you must go to www.Amazon.com Echosetup and do the setup from all over again. You can also take the help of experts who can help you setup the device.