Your Amazon Echo works, connects with other devices, and helps you in doing your tasks with the help of a network connection. Without network connection, you can’t use Alexa and its skills. So, let’s check out how you can connect your Echo to wi-fi.
Amazon Echo is a smart speaker as well as a smart personal digital assistant. But for make it working you need a network connection. Without network connection, you can’t explore Alexa and all its skills. You will not be able get most out of your Amazon Echo Setup.
Your Echo needs an active wi-fi connection to process your commands, speak, and stream media.
We will tell you in some simple and easy steps to connect your Echo to wi-fi or you can also take Amazon Echo Help :
- Before your login plug your Echo into power outlet and after that open your Alexa app.
- Echo connects to dual band wi-fi (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) networks that use standard of 802.11a / b / g / n. echo doesn’t connect to ad-hoc networks.
- In Alexa app select Settings from left navigation panel.
- Select your device and after that Update Wi-fi. If you are adding a new device to your account, then select Set up a new device.
- Press and hold action button for 5 seconds on your Echo device. The light ring will change to orange and your mobile device will be connected to Echo.
- A list of available wi-fi networks will appear in the app.
- Alexa may ask you to connect manually your Echo to wi-fi.
- Select your wi-fi from the list of available networks and enter the password if asked.
- If you don’t see your network, then scroll down and select Add a Network or rescan.
- Mac Address : If want to add your Alexa device to the approved list of devices of your router scroll down on this screen till the time you see the mac address.
- Save your wi-fi password to Amazon – Optional : Any wi-fi password that was saved during the setup process, will appear automatically appear when you will connect a new Alexa device to same network. The password is also saved when you switch between saved wi-fi devices.
- Connect to Public Network – Optional : Enter any necessary information when you connect to a public network in which a web browser is needed for signing in. The information could be like a pre-shared network, or room number or just a button press for accepting the terms and conditions. For more information, you can take Support for Amazon Echo.
- Select Connect for connecting Echo to wi-fi network.
- When it will be connected to your wi-fi network, a confirmation message will appear in the app. Now you are ready to use your Alexa and explore its skills. In case of any query or information, you can log on to www Amazon Com Echosetup.